As you get started, there are several options that may help you prepare:
- We always recommend that you contact your local municipality or jurisdiction. Sometimes, these locations have information available for entering the field. Other times, they can provide you with specific requirements for employment. This can vary from location to location, so it’s important to speak with someone locally.
- Additionally, we recommend you visit our website at iccsafe.org.
- The Learning Center website at learn.iccsafe.org has TONS of resources, including a complete calendar of our class offerings.
- We offer training virtually so that it can best fit your schedule. You can also find career pathing information available to help prepare for a future career here.
- Additionally for building inspectors (residential), you can find a customized career path option by visiting https://www.iccsafe.org/content/residential-building-inspector-career-path/.
- You can also check out our store at shop.iccsafe.org for any available flashcards or other study materials.
- As you prepare to take your exam, we have several options available depending on the exam type you select.
- We recommend visiting our Exam Catalog to see all the exam offerings and methods. Many of our exams are now offered via PRONTO, which allows you to take the exam 24/7 from the comfort of your home or office.
- If you decide you would rather take an exam in person, or the exam isn’t offered via PRONTO, you can find locations available once your purchase your exam.
We’ve created a helpful guide to help you understand the exam process, which you can find here.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to let us know.