The Code Council and NCPCCI have worked together so that individuals who have passed appropriate NCPCCI exams can now receive ICC certifications.
The following ICC certifications are available with the NCPCCI exams listed upon application and approval.
- E1 – Residential Electrical Inspector (with NCPCCI 2A)
- M1 – Residential Mechanical Inspector (with NCPCCI 4A)
- P1 – Residential Plumbing Inspector (with NCPCCI 5A)
- E2 – Commercial Electrical Inspector (with NCPCCI 2B)
- M2 – Commercial Mechanical Inspector (with NCPCCI 4B)
- P2 – Commercial Plumbing Inspector (with NCPCCI 5B)
- B3 – Building Plans Examiner (with NCPCCI 1B, 1C, 3B, AND 3C)
- E3 – Electrical Plans Examiner (with NCPCCI 2B AND 2C)
- M3 – Mechanical Plans Examiner (with NCPCCI 4B AND 4C)
- P3 – Plumbing Plans Examiner (with NCPCCI 5B AND 5C)
You can also apply for one of our Combination Designations:
- NCPCCI Electrical Inspector Designation
- NCPCCI Mechanical Inspector Designation
- NCPCCI Plumbing Inspector Designation
Once you obtain your ICC certification, if you meet requirements for one of our combination designations, this will be automatically granted.
To apply, locate the individual transition request on the ICC Store Transitions page and attach a copy of your NCPCCI score report and a copy of your current license.
Each certification granted is $100. There is no additional charge for combination designations granted automatically.
For detailed information but the NCPCCI to ICC Transitions, please visit this page.